Friday, April 06, 2007

off day..........

I was at work yesterday and realized that Friday was a holiday sometime around 1P. What a fabulous treat. To top it all off Friday is my rest day as well. Once I was off work I loaded my car to head north to meet Camp Punishment for hill repeats up Mesa. Eeeeek!!

2 words.......Traffic SUCKS!! that is an understatement. Holy cow, how in the heck do folks make that commute every day. It took me almost 40 minutes to just cross the river from 360. Well, as you can guess, I was really late and just drove over to the hill....well sorta. after parking and figuring out which direction to head I found the group. I zipped down the hill......scary, and turned around to head back up. Panther gave me a few tips before leaving me in the dust. It was hard but not as torturous as I had imagined. I did 2 repeats and I felt pretty good. I know now to leave work at 4:30 to make it there on time. One scary thing was when I was driving back I noticed on the side street to the school there was an ambulance and several Texas Iron folks standing around a car. I pray that whatever happen that everyone is okay. I saw Judy out there so will have to ask her later.

I called Todd,who was at happy hour with the boss and co-workers. His boss is leaving for Singapore on Monday. Earlier Todd asked for suggestions on where to go. I suggested Doc's on Congress. I just love that place. They have a great beer selection, decent food and god people watching. The only boo is that it is not dog friendly. Well, I COMPLETELY forgot that it was First Thursday. Mobs of people where down on Congress. I was circling to find parking when it hit me......DOH! I have a bike on the back of my car:) So I parked far and rode over to Doc's in time to say Hi to everyone and wish the boss well before her trip. All was grand.

So....today I am off. I actually declined on an early morning run with Erin and the gals and slept in. I slept until 9ish. WOW!......it was heaven. I can't remember the last time I slept in that late. So I am doing house crap and will chill out the rest of the day instead of get in a workout since it is my off day. :) I feel a bit guilty not doing anything so I maybe I will go get a massage. Hey....it's an important aspect of maintaining a healthy body while training....hehehe

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So, today's triathlon is washing, drying & folding? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home