Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Sad......

Every day I sit at my desk, work and listen to the radio. For those who don't know, my office is right next door to South Austin Hospital. They have done several fantastic renovations to the facility over the past 3 years or so. The latest addition is a helipad. Every few days or so I get to hear the roar of the helicopter landing just across the chain linked fence. I can see the landing from my window since the pad is in the middle of the back parking lot. I get to witness as the paramedics rush some poor person into the ER. I wonder every time what has happen? Obviously something severe enough to warrant life flight. I hope that all of these people survive but life and complications happen. I do not know how ER workers, especially the ER docs can handle seeing stuff like this day after day. I know that I am way to emotional to ever work in that sort of environment.

So they just whisked someone inside....I pray for that person.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I think about that too whenever I see the StarFlight in the sky. I think our first inclination is to look at the helicopter in wonder, like we were kids. But sadly, it usually means something is horribly wrong.

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger md said...

....sad
we should count our blessings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home