Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wow....tons of updates

So I finally am getting around to posting again. Here is the new ride:)
A Honda Element. I love it!!! I got it just in time for the Austin Triathlete Open Water Swim. I loaded her up with my massage stuff and headed out to the Dam for a day of fun and massaging tired athletes. HOORAY new for new wheels.
Last week was packed with goodness. It started Monday night with the Tool concert in SanAntonio. They rocked despite the nose bleed seats. I was just happy that they finally played their twice cancelled show.
I had my third interview with Massage Envy. I am now the new clinic admin for the Hancock....yes, I said cock, center. I accepted the job on Friday so it made for a Happy and festive weekend. I started my celebration with the Booze Cruise back to San Antonio for Todd's show with the Humiliators @ Jiggers. We had a rental van and piled in with a cooler full of fun to make the trip. It was a crazy night with many beers and lots of good music. Many thanks to Dave in the band for being the DD that night. What a trooper too. He had to be at work Sat. morning......yikes!
Saturday was another day of music, the Morrissey concert at the Backyard. That is prolly my favorite place to see a show in Austin. the show was great and opened the flood gates back to my youth. I never got the chance to see The Smiths when I was a kid so I was thrilled when I found a group of friends who were just as excited to make the show. We pre-partied at Brian's place with a very nice spread. He lives 5 miles from the venue so it was perfect. Being that I drank tons of beer the night before on the Booze Cruise i decided that I would be the DD for the night. The show was great and we danced and sang along to all the songs.
Sunday was a lazy rainy day but I managed to get out a bit to drop my massage table off at the finish for the CapTX Tri, which was cancelled. :( I was bummed that it was cancelled but I am sure those registered were even more disappointed.
Yesterday I turned in my 2 week notice to my boss. She was happy and sad for me leaving and made me cry. I am sad about leaving my job but an very excited about my new position. I have been with the same doc for almost 9 years......wow. That seems like an eternity. I am not able to share my news at work with the others until tomorrow.
The rest of the week is cake. I will be working the ROT rally all weekend. This should be interesting....bikers and chair massage. I will let you know how it goes.

5 Comments:

At 3:31 PM , Blogger Steph said...

Congrats on the new job! :)

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger Shorey said...

Nice!

 
At 10:35 AM , Blogger Kris said...

Don't you love it when everything comes together? What a great week you had!

 
At 12:10 AM , Blogger Teresa said...

Congrats on the new job and the new sweet wheels. I'm totally jealous that you got to see Tool. They are awesome!

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger md said...

love the car! nice color!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home