Thursday, June 07, 2007

It's been too long

I am sitting at my desk catching up on blogs before bed.

It seems that this is the month that I am cleaning house and getting things in order. First, I decided to take the stress off and focus on duathlon training instead of tri-training. I also bought a new car, got a new job, made a connection for a friend to get a new job and wrote a long over due letter to my supposed best friend. If I have bored you with the details already..sorry.

This letter was a very difficult thing for me to do and here is why. She is an alcoholic and over the past year has spiralled into a black whole of bitterness, depression and anger. She only calls me when she is drunk and says hateful things about my decisions, marriage and life. I realize that there is nothing I can do for her but I also realize that I cannot sit back to watch her self destruct. I love her, her husband and her kids but I just cannot do it. I cannot hold up both sides of our friendship any longer so I decided to write her an email after I speaking with her husband on several occasions. I am sad that it has come to this but I feel that it is what I need to do for my happiness.


All of this has made me realize how many new wonderful things I have in my life right now. I have a very supporting husband who puts up with all my training and going out, I have tons of active health friends who bring out my best. I am really thankful for Erin. She was the catalyst to my new group of training buddies and friends. It is so refreshing to have such a fantastic group of people behind me, pushing me to my limits and there to cheer me up if things are rough.

The new job is great. This has been the most stress-free first week job transition I have ever experienced. My new boss is really cool too. The only thing that makes me sad is missing my group workouts. My schedule is all over the place. some days I work early, some I close and some I am there all day with a huge 4+ hour break in the middle. I think that it will be all good once I get use to it and figure out how to rearrange my workouts. I slept in on Monday, which was really nice, but running the 7 mile loop at 9AM is pretty much torture. Working out alone is also a bummer.

I am taking my bike on for a tune up and fix tomorrow. I can't wait to ride again and it has been a week. With Katy just around the corner that makes me nervous.

All and all I have to say that despite losing all my down time and missing my workouts I am really super happy with my life right now.

My new motto.....work hard....play harder. I can't wait for the Pub Run!!!

3 Comments:

At 11:14 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh, Michelle... you are so sweet. I'm thankful for you too! :)

I'm glad things are looking so bright for you - you deserve it!!

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger md said...

Michelle,
sorry to hear about your friend. I've been there and it's not easy. sometimes all we can do is walk away and sometimes that turns out to be the best eye opener for that person. hopefully so in this case for her sake.

our schedules sound alike! sometimes I get off early, sometimes I get off late, but a 4 hour break??!! that sounds like a bike ride break ;-)

maybe I'll join you at the pub run....

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Kay said...

Writing that letter was a very good thing for you to do...it's been a while and I haven't asked about her lately, but I'm hoping you received a positive response from her. Although I'm not holding my breath.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home